Monday, May 26, 2014

Easy Chicken and Dumplings Marksville Style



Usually it takes hours to make my chicken and dumplings from scratch but on rare occasions I will go the easy route which is the recipe below. The ingredients change depending on what is on hand.

I took a big pot and put in 
some fresh mushrooms that I sauteed in a bit of olive oil with kosher salt
then 2 cans of chicken broth
2 chicken flavored bouillon cubes
some water
left over cut up grilled chicken breast
cut up left over baked potatoes
and two cans of mixed vegetables. 

Once it was boiling I made my dumpling recipe I just use the Bisquick recipe but I put in spices that I think will complement the meal. 

Instead of taking hours to make my own stock I had a meal that my family still enjoyed in about 45 minutes. Win-win for everyone.



No comments:

Post a Comment