Saturday, September 12, 2015

Mac & Cheese in the Crock Pot Marksville Style

With having Fibromyalgia I was looking for a recipe that would make my life a little bit more easy , not having to spend so much time in the kitchen on my feet and moving around. Being able to provide my family with a nice meal is something I want to do, but something that doesn't get done as often because I am just in too much pain to stand there to get it all done.
I have been looking for a great Crock Pot Mac & Cheese for quite some time, and I think I came up with our own. Most other recipes left my macaroni like mush but I decided to try one more time so I took a little from here, a little from there and finally settled on the below recipe.
Mac & Cheese in the Crock Pot Marksville Style
1 lb of  elbow macaroni uncooked
8 oz of shredded cheddar cheese
1 8oz block of cream cheese cut into cubes
4 cups of milk 
First spray your crock pot with non stick spray 
Add in uncooked macaroni, milk, chunks of cream cheese, then shredded cheddar cheese, give a quick stir if you like but we didn't stir ours until ready to serve and it came out well. 
I did this on low for 4 hours in my 5 quart  crock pot. We didn't add any salt and pepper but if you like you can.
Our family likes the little crispy edges which this does for us. I will update with a picture the next time I make it. It was gobbled up that fast which means it is a keeper.

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. super easy to I am thinking we will make it this week.

      Delete
  2. Never thought of adding cream cheese to Mac and Cheese! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds delicious! I love slow cooker meals, they make life easier and make the house smell so good! I will definitely be trying this. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We use our slow cooker all year long but in the summer it makes a big difference not using our oven or stove.

      Delete
  4. This looks so simple and easy. got to share this with my sister in law

    ReplyDelete
  5. Told and shared this with my sister in law. She made it and loved it

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds really good, thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. I hope you do, we have found it doesn't come out the same in a bigger crockpot will have to tweak it a bit.

      Delete