Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Beef Stroganoff Marksville Style

On one of my other pages someone asked me for more recipes so I will try to put a few here as I go along. I have made Beef Stroganoff before but none really came out well enough for me to make them again.

I saw a post on Facebook and Pinterest for a crock pot version but me with all good intentions never got the crock pot out and started. I had the meat all ready defrosted in the refrigerator, so I had to make something and I really wanted to try my hand at making Beef Stroganoff, so I had to improvise.

Beef Stroganoff Marksville Style 



2 pounds of London Broil cut into small pieces (we buy steaks when they are on sale and cut them up   at home for different meals)
1 large onion more if you like onions like we do
2 teaspoons of minced garlic
4 table spoons of Worcestershire sauce 
8oz of cream cheese 
2 teaspoons of paprika 
1 can of Progresso recipe Starters, although I think you could use any mushroom soup you would like for it. 
3/4 cup of water, this was my best guess since I use water to rinse ever last goodness out of my       canned soups for my recipes. 

In a large skillet brown your london broil with a little oil for 3-4 minutes then add in your onions and cook until tender, add in everything except for the cream cheese stir, once warm and meat is all done add in cream cheese, stirring, let sauce thicken to the consistency you would like and it is done. 

My husband doesn't like mushrooms so we don't add those but you could if you would like. He tolerates them in many more of our recipes so I give him a break from this one. We serve ours over egg noodles as I had grown up with, but you could use any pasta, rice, or even eat as is. Don't forget a nice salad or veggie of your choice.

MarksvilleandMe hopes you enjoy this menu item which by the way will be staying since everyone enjoyed it so much including my husband. 

10 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, we need to make this again soon too.

      Delete
  2. I love beef stroganoff; it is definitely one of my favorite comfort foods to make when it is cold out. I will have to try your recipe, it sounds delicious! Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that I can get my husband to eat more mushrooms I would add in a small can or some fresh mushrooms with the onions.

      Delete
  3. thanks for sharing your recipe with us

    ReplyDelete
  4. This recipe looks so yummy! This is a must try. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. When we have them I either add sliced canned mushrooms, or fresh sliced mushrooms.

      Delete