Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Southwest Pasta Skillet Marksville Style

I recently hit upon a great deal with the new Philly Cooking Crèmes and they have been sitting in our fridge untouched, unused, and aging. Earlier today between posts and cleaning Samantha and I cleaned out the refrigerator. We emptied the whole thing, something I usually do every week but it hasn't had a cleaning in a while. April was a busy month. Believe it or not, it wasn't that bad but after we put everything back in it looks really organized, just like I want it. Well, there were a few things getting ready to expire, so we placed them on the top shelf. The kids had jello chocolate pudding for a snack, and we have mozzarella cheese that needs to be used up in the next few days. We decided to give the Philadelphia Santa Fe Blend Cooking Crème a whirl since it was about to expire. We took out some frozen chicken, Samantha chopped up what we needed for tonight and we have some soaking for tomorrow night. Of course, the original recipe only served 4, we have 6 eating or 7 if you count Lilly who hasn't been born yet so in red you will see the changes I made to the recipe to accommodate our family without increasing the meat portion part of it or the cooking crème and it came out wonderful. We are adding this to our dinner lineup. I hope you take the time to try this out for yourself.





Southwest Pasta Skillet Pam Style

















Ingredients

1 lb.
boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
1/2 cup chopped green peppers 1 cup of frozen diced green peppers
1 can (14.5 oz.)no-salt-added diced tomatoes, drained  1 28 oz can of whole tomatoes with the sauce that we cut ourselves we did not drain.
1 pkg (10 oz.) frozen corn
1 tub (10 oz.)PHILADELPHIA Santa Fe Blend Cooking Crème They no longer make this so take an 8oz tub of cream cheese, 2 TBS of milk, and 2 TBS of taco seasoning mix. 
2 cups hot cooked rotini pasta we used a whole pound of cooked pasta
1 cup KRAFT Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese, divided we used 8oz of cheese

Directions

Cook and stir chicken and peppers in a large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat for 6 to 7 min. or until the chicken is done. Add tomatoes, corn, and cooking crème; cook and stir 3 min.

Add pasta and 1/2 cup shredded cheese; cook and stir 1 to 2 min. or until cheese is melted.

Top with remaining shredded cheese. Remove from heat. Cover; let stand until cheese is melted.



You can find more recipes like this at All Philly Cooking Crème.

13 comments:

  1. I used to make a lot of stuff with these and now they are discontinued or so it seems? I don't see it anywhere anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just use a 8 ounce block of Philadelphia cheese and a 1/2 cup of salsa now.

      Delete
  2. I adore skillet meals! Thanks for sharing this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds really good! I have not heard of these cooking cremes before, but now I am going to look for them! I can't wait to try it, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't have them anymore so now I use an 8 ounce block of cream cheese and a 1/2 cup of salsa

      Delete
  4. My family would enjoy this meal. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wish they hadn't done away with the cooking creams.

      Delete
  5. This really sounds good. I love skillet meal recipes. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly they don't make the cooking creams anymore will have to see if I can change it up with different ingredients to get a simular taste.

      Delete
    2. The substitution is now listed above.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. it is and I have updated it with the substitution since they no longer make one of the ingredients.

      Delete